The hormone chorionic gonadotropin begins to be synthesized by chorionic tissue a week after the fertilization of the egg. The hormone reaches its maximum level in the blood of a pregnant woman between 7 and 11 weeks. Its sharp decrease indicates a problem - an abortion or ectopic attachment of zygote.
In healthy women outside of pregnancy and in men the hormone is not synthesized. The drug based on gonadotropin is prescribed for men to treat testicular atrophy, in sports it is used as a stimulant for testosterone synthesis.
In sports practice, drugs of several types are used, so synthetic gonadotropin:
- Menopause - belongs to the group of the most expensive gonadotropins, designed to restore the production of spermatozoa in sportsmen to a greater extent than testosterone;
- serum - produced on the basis of the serum of the blood of pregnant mares. It acts in the same way as menopause. The product is cheaper, can cause allergic reactions due to the presence of foreign antibodies;
- chorionic - has the same effect as the endogenous hormone and is well absorbed.
This drug is ideal for use in sports. This Gonadotropin is affordable.
Characterization of the active ingredient
Preparations based on gonadotropin are injected intramuscularly. The active substance is quickly absorbed. Half-life period is 8 hours, excretion occurs through kidneys with urine.
The preparation Gonadotropin is prescribed to women at:
- ovarian dysfunction by anovulatory type;
- to stimulate the ovaries during the treatment of infertility associated with anovulation or disturbed follicle maturation;
- in preparation for puncture in ovarian hyperstimulation.
For boys and men, doctors prescribe gonadotropin for treatment:
- delays in puberty;
- spermatogenesis insufficiency.
For diagnostic purposes, Gonadotropin for men is used for Leidig analysis (before prescription of stimulation therapy).
Use of the substance in sports
Bodybuilders value Gonadotropin for its ability to activate testosterone in the testicles. Its use as an anabolic drug is inappropriate and may cause undesirable consequences.
Chorionic gonadotropin shows lower efficacy than other steroids. Because of this, many inject the drug in high doses, and it provokes a persistent imbalance of hormones of the hypothalamus, pituitary gland and the testicles.
Before you buy Gonadotropin, you should carefully read the list of contraindications. The drug should not be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding, children under 3 years old. Also, the conditions in which you can not use the drug are considered:
- hormone-dependent cancer neoplasms in the genital organs, breast in women;
- androgenated tumors in men;
- cysts, enlarged ovaries (without polycystosis);
- susceptibility to uterine bleeding or excreta with an admixture of blood of an unexplained nature;
- the first 3 months after ectopic pregnancy;
- ovarian hypofunction;
- anomalies in the structure of the childbearing organs that do not allow for It is normal to bear a pregnancy;
- period of menopause;
- inguinal hernia, testicular ectopy;
- tumors of the brain;
- presence of blood clots in deep veins;
- hypofunction of the thyroid gland and adrenal glands.
Specialists very carefully prescribe Gonadotropin in severe pathologies of the heart, kidneys, high blood pressure.
The use of two types of Gonadotropin at once - chorionic and menopause - increases the manifestations of increased ovarian stimulation. The use of chorionic gonadotropin together with glucocorticosteroids in high doses is not recommended.
Hyper-stimulation of the ovaries can cause cysts in women (often with a rupture), as well as cause hydrothorax or thromboembolism. Therefore, you should not ignore the pain in the lower abdomen during the course of Gonadotropin. Their appearance is a signal for urgent medical care.
In men and boys, there are side effects:
- temporary pumping of the mammary glands, an increase in the prostate gland;
- swelling due to water retention;
- acne rash.
Gonadotropin is used against the background of anabolic steroids. At the course of one drug, which lasts less than 6 weeks, Gonadotropin is not recommended.
Taking anabolics (2 or more drugs, high doses) for 8-12 weeks requires a 2-fold injection of gonadotropin per week with a dose of 250 to 500 IU. Use of the drug for testicular atrophy is stopped after the end of the course of anabolic steroids.
The use of anabolic athletes for long courses of 6-8 months requires constant support from Gonadotropin. It is administered twice a week at intervals of 3 weeks.